Electronics and Appliance Recycling Collections
State of Pennsylvania Electronics Recycling Information
- Pennsylvania DEP - Electronics Recycling Information
Newtown Township Electronics Recycling Pickup Collection
Newtown Township has partnered with "retrievr" (formerly Curb My Clutter) to provide residents an opportunity to responsibly dispose of electronic (and textile) waste that would not otherwise be donated. Their service is text-based, where you text the word "pickup" to 757-70-FETCH (757-703-3824), provide some details of the materials to be collected and schedule a time for them to be taken away. They come right to your door when you have the materials prepared.
Please follow the link below for full information, instructions, materials accepted and FAQ's:
Newtown Township Electronics Recycling Drop-off Collection Events
- Electronic Recycling Event - Anything with a Plug (PDF) May 18, 2019
- Items you can recycle at this event (PDF)
- Newtown Township thanks everyone who participated in 2019’s electronic recycling event on May 18, 2019. The event, held in partnership with Marple and Haverford Townships, took place at Delaware County Community College. Over 100,000 pounds of electronic waste was collected to be properly recycled.
- Newtown Township encourages residents to investigate the stores who sell electronics that also take electronic items to be recycled throughout the year. We are aware that TV’s are currently not accepted by these stores due to the extreme cost of recycling their components. We are actively looking for a resource for our residents to recycle TV’s and will post that information here when an option other than our annual electronics recycling event is found.
- There are other electronic recycling events at nearby locations held throughout the year - when we learn of these we will post that information here.
Other Resources for Electronics and Appliance Recycling
Below see links to resources to other electronics and appliance recycling options. Always check with the store you purchase a new item from - often the electronics or appliances you are replacing can be taken by them at that time for recycling.