Newtown Township Recycling Information
Residential single-stream recycling collections occur from each home twice every month. Here you can see materials that can be recycled, a map with schedule, household hazardous waste collection information and other important recycling information.
- Collections in Zone #1 are on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month.
- Collections in Zone #2 are on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month.
- There are no collections in the few instances where there is a 5th Thursday of the month, so that everyone can stay on their 1st and 3rd / 2nd and 4th Thursday schedules throughout the year.
- When a collection is scheduled on a Thursday which is a Holiday, the collection will instead take place the day after (Friday).
Collections begin at 7:00 a.m. on your recycling day, so be sure to have your materials out before that. In the event of a missed pick-up, please call customer service at J.P. Mascaro & Sons at 800-432-1616. Be sure to identify that you are from Newtown Township in Delaware County. For all other recycling questions you may call or email Newtown Township directly. Thank you for your efforts to recycle.
J.P. Mascaro Letter explaining COVID-19 Impact on Recycling Pick-up
Residential Recycling Information
- Residential Recycling (PDF)
- Residential Recycling Map and Schedule
- Residential Recycling Tri-Fold Brochure (PDF)
- Additional Collection of "Flexible Packaging" from JP Mascaro (PDF)
- Note that collection of "flexible packaging" is an additional service provided by JP Mascaro which is outside the contract parameters with Newtown Township. We are extremely grateful for this additional material they offer to collect and our residents should avail themselves of these "bonus materials" that can be collected as long as our contract remains with JP Mascaro.
Recycling Drop-Off Locations
Residents who wish to drop-off recyclable materials have several options to do so. They may drop off at the following locations:
- Newtown Township Municipal Building - the area is located near the entrance to the Public Works yard behind the police station / library. The green-gated area has 10 of our blue / tan recycling carts - just place your residential single-stream recyclable materials into the carts.
- Delaware County "Igloos" - they accept glass, aluminum and bimetallic cans and plastic bottles. Follow the link for these drop-off locations.
- Paper and Cardboard - Follow the link for locations that accept these materials.
- You may also view the Delaware County Recycling site to see locations throughout the County that accept a wide variety of materials.
State of Pennsylvania Electronics Recycling Information
- Pennsylvania DEP - Electronics Recycling Information
Newtown Township Electronics Recycling Drop-off Collection Events
- Electronic Recycling Event - Anything with a Plug (PDF)
May 30, 2020- CANCELLED
- Items you can recycle at this event (PDF)
- Newtown Township thanks everyone who participated in 2019’s electronic recycling event on May 18, 2019. The event, held in partnership with Marple and Haverford Townships, took place at Delaware County Community College. Over 100,000 pounds of electronic waste was collected to be properly recycled. The next event was to be May 30, 2020, but due to COVID-19 concerns has been CANCELLED. It will not be rescheduled in 2020, but we hope to hold it again in September of 2021. Please see below to read about Newtown Township’s partnership with "retrievr" as an alternate opportunity to properly dispose of electronic waste.
- Newtown Township encourages residents to investigate the stores who sell electronics that also take electronic items to be recycled throughout the year. We are aware that TV’s are currently not accepted by these stores due to the extreme cost of recycling their components. We are actively looking for a resource for our residents to recycle TV’s and will post that information here when an option other than our annual electronics recycling event is found.
Newtown Township Electronics Recycling Pickup Collection
Newtown Township has partnered with "retrievr" (formerly Curb My Clutter) to provide residents an opportunity to responsibly dispose of electronic (and textile) waste that would not otherwise be donated. Their service is text-based, where you text the word "pickup" to 757-70-FETCH (757-703-3824), provide some details of the materials to be collected and schedule a time for them to be taken away. They come right to your door when you have the materials prepared. Please follow the link below for full information, instructions, materials accepted and FAQ’s:
There are other electronic recycling events at nearby locations held throughout the year - when we learn of these we will post that information.
- PECO Appliance Recycling
- Electronics and Appliance Recycling at Best Buy
- Electronics Recycling at Home Depot
- Electronics Recycling at Staples
Delaware County Recycling Information
- Delaware County Recycling Information
- Delaware County Tri-Fold Recycling Brochure (PDF)
- Composting at Home
- Plastic Bag Recycling (PDF)
- Latex Paint Disposal (PDF)
- Home Health Care Waste Disposal Tips - State of PA (PDF)
- Home Health Care Waste Disposal Tips - Delaware County (PDF)
- Household Hazardous Waste Information
- Automotive Products Recycling Sites in Delaware County (PDF)
- Recycling Drop Off Locations (PDF)
- Note: this is a listing compiled and provided as a service by the Delaware County Solid Waste Authority - Recycling Division.