Read an overview of What You Need to Know When Applying for a Building Permit (PDF).
PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE 15 BUSINESS DAYS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A REVIEW OF YOUR RESIDENTIAL PERMIT AND 30 BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOUR NON-RESIDENTIAL PERMIT. THE 2018 INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE AS ADOPTED BY THE COMMONWEATLH OF PENNSYLVANIA UNDER ACT 45 UNIFORM CONSTRUCTION CODE, 2018 INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY MAINTENANCE CODE, AND 2018 INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODE ARE CURRENTLY BEING ENFORCED.
Items Needed for Application
The following items must be included with the permit application:
- Completed permit forms
- Site Plans, design plans, or specifications as necessary
- Certificate of Insurance and Copy of Pennsylvania Attorney General (AG) license, also know as a Home Improvement Contractor (HIC) license.
- Detailed instructions for Commercial and Residential permit submissions.
Information for all appointments and inspections is contained on the second page of the Issued Permit.
- A one hundred dollar ($100) review fee is required at the time of submission for residential projects and a two hundred seventy-five dollar ($275.00) review fee is required for commercial projects at the time of submission. This fee is taken off the final permit fee.
- Two (2) sets of plans are required for permit submission/review. Energy Calculations are required for all new buildings and additions. Commercial plans shall be prepared by a Pennsylvania registered design professional unless an exception is met under Section 403.42.
- A copy of a signed contract shall accompany each permit submission. Plans/permit applications will not be accepted unless the required permit applications are complete and all other required information is submitted. No exceptions.
- All Buildings heated and 500 square feet or greater shall be equipped with an automatic Fire Sprinkler system. For exceptions see Township Code, Section 88-7 B.