Read an overview of What You Need to Know When Applying for a Building Permit (PDF).
PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE 15 BUSINESS DAYS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A REVIEW OF YOUR RESIDENTIAL PERMIT AND 30 BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOUR NON-RESIDENTIAL PERMIT.
Items Needed for Application
The following items must be included with the permit application:
- Completed permit forms
- Site Plans, design plans, or specifications as necessary
- Certificate of Insurance and Copy of Pennsylvania Attorney General (AG) license, also know as a Home Improvement Contractor (HIC) license.
- Detailed instructions for Commercial and Residential permit submissions.
Information for all appointments and inspections is contained on the second page of the Issued Permit.
- A one hundred dollar ($100) review fee is required at the time of submission for residential projects and a two hundred seventy-five dollar ($275.00) review fee is required for commercial projects at the time of submission. This fee is taken off the final permit fee.
- Two (2) sets of plans are required for permit submission/review. Energy Calculations are required for all new buildings and additions. Commercial plans shall be prepared by a Pennsylvania registered design professional unless an exception is met under Section 403.42.
- A copy of a signed contract shall accompany each permit submission. Plans/permit applications will not be accepted unless the required permit applications are complete and all other required information is submitted. No exceptions.
- All Buildings heated and 500 square feet or greater shall be equipped with an automatic Fire Sprinkler system. For exceptions see Township Code, Section 88-7 B.