Fall is such a beautiful season, but with it comes piles and piles of leaves. Here are some suggestions on how to handle them:
- All leaves must be at curbside by the first day of your allotted time for pickup.
- After consulting the Township Leaf Removal Schedule below, rake your leaves (no branches please) into even piles at the edge of your property behind the curb. NOT IN THE STREET.
- Start a compost pile in your backyard. The best details on how to compost are available at the Township Building.
- Burning leaves is strictly prohibited in Newtown Township.
- During Drought Emergencies “Open Burning” is banned.
Please rake your leaves to a position inside the sidewalk. Do not rake the leaves past the sidewalk or into the street where they will clog the gutters and storm drains. If a landscaper is to be used, instruct the landscaper to blow or rake the leaves to inside the sidewalk, and not in the street. Landscapers who dump leaves that have been compacted face the possibility of fines. There is no dumping in Newtown Township. Leaf collection will be picked up by precincts. The schedule for leaf collection will be published in the County Press. After the scheduled collection period has passed, leaves may be bagged and put out in your regular trash.